Score: Emerson 0, Coast Guard 0 (2 OT)
Records: Emerson Lions (10-4-1, 5-1-1 NEWMAC) ; Coast Guard Bears (6-9-1, 4-3-1 NEWMAC)
Location: New London, Conn. (Nitchman Field)
Date: October 22, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson women's soccer team took a hard fought scoreless 0-0 double overtime tie down at Coast Guard on Tuesday night in NEWMAC soccer action
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Goalie: Megan Rose (9-4-1) - 0 goals allowed on 10 shots & 10 saves through 110 minutes
Lizzie Miller - 4 shots (3 on goal)
Claire Hurley & Anna Carleton - 2 shots
Goalie: Sarah Schollenberger (5-7-1) - 0 goals allowed on 6 shots & 6 saves through 110 minutes
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Coast Guard outshot Emerson 8-2 through the opening half.
- The Lions began to attack more within the second stanza and outshot the Bears, 6-3, registering three shots within the final 30 minutes of regulation.
- Bruce first took a shot in the 62nd and 65th marks, both of which landed in the bottom center of the net and quickly snatched by Schollenbergen.
- Alberts put a shot towards the bottom left center within the 65th minute as well before Rose made three stops to send the game into overtime.
- Sophomore Grace Cosgrove (Sherman Oaks, Calif.) nearly sent in the game winner in the 93rd minute of the first overtime only to have Schollenberger come up with the save.
- In the closing seconds of extra time, Bruce sent a shot once again to the bottom center that Schollenberger stopped as the game entered the second overtime period.
- Each team registered one shot in the second overtime, but neither found the back of the net as the scoreless tie held.
- Emerson travels to Babson for an early morning NEWMAC Quarterfinal rematch on Saturday, October 26 with an 11:30 a.m. kickoff.
- Coast Guard is back in action on Saturday at Clark at 1:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS