Score: Lasell 15, Emerson 6
Records: Lasell Lasers (5-1, 1-0 GNAC), Emerson Lions (0-2, 0-0 NEWMAC)
Location: Newton, Mass.
Date: March, 18th, 2019
The Lead: Despite two goals from Jenna Tomsky, Emerson's Women's Lacrosse team fell to the Lasell Lasers in their first away game of the year, 15-6.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) led the Lions, scoring two goals. Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.), Julia Mallon (Katonah, N.Y.), Julia Burns (Rockville Center, N.Y.), and Jennifer Van Pelt (El Cerrito, Calif.) each scored one for the Lions.
- Mallon assisted on Mark's goal and Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.) assisted on Mallon's goal.
- Vanessa Pino and Jorgia Bergin led the Lasers, scoring three goals a piece.
- Jordan McComb had three assists for Lasell.
- Morgan Choquet earned the win, saving four shots while Elizabeth Fretz ( saved seven for the LIons.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lasell jumped out to an early lead, scoring five unanswered goals in the first eleven minutes of game time.
- Mark scored her goal just under fifteen minutes into the game, cutting the lead to four.
- Lasell scored four more before the Lions pulled one back through Tomsky, cutting the score to 9-2 after 21 minutes.
- Lasell scored three more goals before halftime, taking a 12-2 lead into the break.
- The Lions scored the first two goals of the half, with Mallon and Van Pelt cutting the lead to eight with 20 minutes remaining.
- Lasell went on a three goal run, bringing their lead back to 11, before Emerson scored the final two goals of the game through Tomsky and Burns.
- The game ended with a final score of 15-6, marking the Lions second loss of the season.
- Emerson is off until March 30th when the open up conference play at Coast Guard.
- Lasell hosts Salem State on Thursday, March 21st.