Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 vs Lasell, 6:00pm
Saturday, December 14th, 2019, vs Johnson & Wales, 1:00pm
THE LEAD: The Emerson Women's Basketball Team welcomes two GNAC opponents to the Brown & Plofker Gym this week in their two final home games of the 2019 calendar year.
Sam Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.): 10.4 Points Per Game, 1.2 Steals Per Game, 0.7 Blocks Per game
Kailee Yan (Mercer Island, Wash.): 9.8 Points Per Game, 1.9 3 Pointers Made Per Game
Natalie Clydesdale (Pittsburgh, Penn.): 9.4 Points Per Game, 5.8 Rebounds Per Game, 2.1 Steals Per Game, 1.8 Assists per Game
Quinn Madden (Mokena, Ill.): 9.6 Points Per Game, 4.3 Rebounds Per Game
SCOUTING THE LASERS
- The Lasers enter the game with a 5-3 record, most recently defeating the Lesley Lynx on December 7th, 71-31.
- Senior Captain Amanda Ortiz leads all scorers for the Lasewrs, averaging 21.6 points per game. Peyton Young and D'Asia Allen are the other two players who average double figures in points at 10.3 and 11.6 per game.
- Ortiz also leads the team in rebounds, grabbing 10.8 per game and giving her a double double average through the eight games.
- Ortiz and young lead the Lasers defense, averaging 3.4 and 1.7 steals respectively. Ortiz adds 2.0 blocks per game.
- As a team, they average 59.1 points per game while shooting 33.9% from the floor and 21.9 percent from three point range.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Johnson & Wales enters the week with a 6-2 record and will take on Thomas (Me.) on Wednesday before facing the Lions on Saturday.
- The Wildcats are paced by Maddy Moro who scored 13.9 points per game and Tiondra Hands who scored 13.1 points per game. Britney Gallagher also averages double figures with 11.5 points per game.
- Moro is also the top rebounder for the Wildcats, grabbing 11.4 per game and averaging a double-double with points and rebounds.
- Gallagher runs the offense, averaging almost five assists per game at 4.9.
- Hands leads the teams in steals per game with 2.5.
- As a team, the Wildcats average 70.0 points per game while shooting 39.6% from the floor and 27.4% from three point range.