Score: Emerson 75, Bridgewater State 47
Records: Emerson Lions (4-3) ; Bridgewater State Bears (2-5)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2019
The Lead: Powered by a team-high 15 points from senior Natalie Clydesdale (Pittsburgh, Penn.), the Emerson women's basketball team took care of Bridgewater State in a 75-47 home win on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Points: Destiny Fitzgerald (17)
Assists: Jordan Lako & Devon Tabor (2)
Rebounds: Fitzgerald (7)
Steals: Kylee Piché, Lako & Maggie Hester (2)
Blocks: Fitzgerald (3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson and Bridgewater exchanged buckets through the opening three minutes of the first quarter before the Lions began to break away on a 9-0 spurt that extended the hosts lead to 11 on Madden's jumper (15-6).
- Boyle broke up a scoring break midway through the first at the 4:00 mark with a layup and single handedly put up seven consecutive points, capped off by a triple at 1:46, and gave Emerson the hefty 22-6 advantage at the end of the first.
- It was a defensive battled within the second quarter as Gibbons led the way with five points in the stanza and shot 90.0% from the charity stripe to carry a 36-11 lead into the half.
- The Emerson offense continued to pack on the pressure in the third and poured in 28 points to Bridgewater's 10 with Davey putting up six points alongside four assists as the Lions ballooned its cushion to 64-21.
- Despite Emerson being outscored 26-11 by the Bears, the Lions bench contributed 11 more points in the fourth frame to ice the 75-47 win.
- Emerson stays home on Tuesday, December 10 when it hosts Lasell at 6:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS