Score: Emerson 3, Wellesley 2
Records: Emerson Lions (15-16, 5-9) ; Wellesley Blue (7-13-2, 3-8-1)
Pitching Decision: W: Neely Eddleston (9-7) ; L: Hayley Moniz (2-4)
Date: April 17th, 2019
Location: Wellesley, Mass.
The Lead: Kallista Leonardos (El Granada, Calif.) launched a two run home un to complete a three run fifth inning for the Lions, leading Emerson to the sweep of Wellesley in the make up of the postponed second leg of a doubleheader.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Neely Eddleston earned her ninth win of the season, scattering nine hits over the complete game. She allowed two earned runs and struck out one batter.
- Leonardos home run was her sixth of the season, and she had two RBIs.
- The Lions had eight hits, from eight different players.
- Three players had two hits for the Blue who totaled nine.
- Haley Moniz took the loss, pitching 5.1 innings in relief and allowing three runs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wellesley opened the scoring, with Autumn Brown bringing home Gen Brittingham in the bottom of the fourth inning on a triple.
- The Lions answered right away in the top of the fifth inning, with Lindsey Lowe (Porter Ranch, Calif.) coming around to score on a throwing error off a single from Marisa DeFranco (Great Falls, Va.).
- Leonardos launched her homer in the next at bat, bringing home DeFrnaco and giving the Lions a 3-1 lead.
- Wellesley's comeback fell short after they got one run back in the bottom of the seventh. The Blue threatened but Eddleston held on for the win.
- Emerson continues its NEWMAC season on Friday when they welcome the Clark Cougars to Rotch Field at 3:00pm for a doubleheader.