Records: Emerson College (9-5); Wentworth Institute Of Technology (7-5)
Scores: Game 1: Emerson 11, Lesley 2
Game 2: Emerson 5, Lesley 2
Pitching Decisions: Game 1: W: Neely Eddleston (5-2) l L: Jordan Day (3-3)
Game 2: W: Karagan Knowles (3-2) l L: Jen Thorburn (4-1)
Location: Boston, Mass (Rotch Field)
Date: Tuesday, March 21st, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson Lions Softball Team swept the Lesley University Lynx in an afternoon doubleheader, winning the first game by a nine-run margin.
Game 1 (Emerson 11, Lesley 2)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Neely Eddleston (West Wareham, Mass.) earned her fifth victory of the season, going five innings, allowing three hits, two runs and striking out three batters.
- Mary Kuczkowski (Litchfield, N.H.) doubled and Calli Pratt (Dighton, Mass.) tripled as the lone extra base hits for the Lions.
- Pratt led the Lions with four RBIs, and six other players recorded one.
- Ashleigh Acker doubled for the Lynx and had one RBI while Jordan Day had the other RBI.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lesley jumped out to an early 1-0 lead, with their first two batters reaching on errors. Mahlia Medina traveled home on the second error to give the Lynx a 1-0 lead before Eddleston got the next three batters out, ending the top of first.
- The Lions jumped up top in the bottom half of the inning, with Marisa DeFranco (Great Falls, Va.) coming home on a fielders choice. Lexi Semanchik (Flemington, N.J.) did the same to give the Lions a 2-1 lead. Lowe came home on a double steal that saw her beat the tag out at first, giving the Lions a 3-1 lead after one inning.
- Emerson blew it open in the bottom of the second inning. The Lions loaded the bases, followed by walks by Semanchik, Kallista Leonardos (El Granada, Calif.), and Lindsey Lowe (Porter Ranch, Calif.) gave the Lions a 6-1 lead.
- Following the three walks, Pratt hit a bases clearing triple to drive home three more runs and give Emerson a 9-1 lead.
- The Lions tacked on two more runs on a Kuczkowski double and Micaela Dix (White House Station, N.J.) single, taking an 11-1 lead after two innings.
- Lesley tacked on one more run, but the Lions held on to finish the game in five innings, 11-2.
Game 2 (Emerson 5, Lesley 2)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Karagan Knowles (Tucson, Ariz.) pitched a completely game for the Lions, earning the win and striking out seven batters.
- DeFranco and Semanchik each had two hits to pace the Lions.
- Knowles had a game high three RBIs to go along with her complete game victory.
- Leonardos hit a home run, giving her three on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The score remained knotted at zero until the top of the fifth inning where a leadoff double by Jordan Day led to the first run of the game. After getting to third on a groundout, Day came around to score on an error, giving the Lynx the 1-0 lead.
- The Lions took the lead back in the bottom half of the frame, scoring five runs. Leonardos tied up the score with a lead off home run.
- Karagan Knowles helped herself on the mound, doubling after the Lions loaded the bases, giving Emerson the lead at 4-1.
- A DeFranco single drove in one more run to give Emerson a 5-1 lead heading into the last inning.
- The Lynx treated after scoring a run and loading the bases, but Knowles struck out the last two batters to give Emerson the victory.
- Emerson travels to take on WPI on Sunday for their first NEWMAC matchup on 2019, with the first game of the doubleheader starting at 12:00pm.