Posted: Mar 21, 2019
Emerson vs. Lesley (DH)
March 21, 2019
Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Emerson at WPI (DH)
March 23, 2019
LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- Emerson went 3-1 on the week, splitting with Simmons on Friday before sweeping Wentworth on Saturday.
- Lindsey Lowe (Porter Ranch, Calif.) and Neely Eddleston (West Wareham, Mass.) each won their respective athlete of the week for the NEWMAC. Loew won athlete of the week while Eddleston won pitcher of the week.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- Lindsey Lowe currently leads all players in the NEWMAC with 17 runs batted in.
- Neely Eddleston is third in wins with four while Karagan KNowles is tied for first in saves with one and tied for fourth in strikeouts with four.
- Kallista Leonardos (El Granada, Calif.) is tied for second with two home runs on the year.
- Marisa DeFranco (Falls Church, Va.) finds herself fifth in batting average, batting at a .512 clip for the season.
SCOUTING THE LYNX
- Lesley enters the game with a 7-3 record, most recently taking a 17-12 victory over Nazareth on March 14th.
- Sophomore JOrdan Day leads the Lynx, batting .686 with 24 hits, four home runs, three doubles, and 17 runs scored.
- Day also pitches for the Lynx, having a 3-2 record with 8.4 strikeouts per seven innings.
- Senior Ashleigh Acker touts a .556 batting averages with 20 hits, 15 RBIs, 11 runs scored and five doubles.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- WPI entered the week with a 7-5 record and will take on Westfield State on Friday before welcoming Emerson on Sunday.
- Nicole Kuberka leads the Engineers in batting average with .533. She has eight hits, two doubles, and nine RBIs.
- Caraline Wood has 19 hits, 16 RBIs, 11 runs, and a .442 batting average.
- On the mound, Mackenzie Phillips leads the Engineers with 26.1 innings pitched while Katie Martin has pitched 26.
- Phillips strikes out 6.11 per seven inning while Martin strikes out 7.54 per seven inning. Phillips has a 3-2 record while Martin has a 2-1 record.