Score: Emerson 3, Lesley 0 (25-9, 25-17, 25-19)
Records: Emerson (9-5) ; Lesley (0-8)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
The Lead: The Emerson Men's Volleyball Team swept the Lesley Lynx in three sets, winning their last non-conference game before turning their sites to GNAC conferences ahead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) and Samuel Willinger (Golden Beach, Fla.) were tied for the team lead in kills with eight a piece.
- Lucas Raagas (Cambridge, Mass.) continued his strong passing, assisting on 26 kills.
- Josh Elliot (Swedesboro, N.J.) led the Lions with five digs while Jonah Higaonna (Okinawa, Japan) an Raagas had four each.
- Alexander Genova had 12 kills for the Lynx, leading all players.
- John Gersbeck assisted on six kills while Steven Newman had five for the Lynx.
- Emerson had 13 service aces as a team, with WIllinger earning four himself.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson earned the first four points on the game, with two coming on Win Kittivatcharapong (Bangkok, Thailand) service aces.
- Emerson was able to extend their lead soon, taking six of the next ten points and taking a 10-4 lead.
- The Lions continued to build on their lead, openings up to 10 at 18-8. Emerson took seven of the next eight points, taking the victory 25-9 on a Piorkowski service ace.
- The second set was closer, with Emerson taking a same 12-4 lead after 14 points. After being down 4-1, Willinger took the serve and Emerson scored the next 11 points to go up 12-4.
- The Lions went on another run, scoring five straight points to take a 19-6 lead.
- Lesley fought back, going on an eight point run of their own, but the Lions closed out the second set, 25-17.
- Lesley took their momentum into the third set, going point for point with the Liosn and keeping it close.
- After being tied at 14 a piece, Emerson went on an 11-5 run to win the set 25-19 on a Jacob DiTore (Salem, N.H.) kill.
- Emerson is back in action Saturday, hosting Lasell and Rivier in a Tri-Match starting at 11:00am.