Score: Emerson College, 0; Emmanuel College, 3 (25-14, 25-18, 25-15)
Records: Emerson College (8-4); Emmanuel College (12-9)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Andy Yosinoff Court)
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson College Men's Volleyball Team fell to the Emmanuel College Saints on Thursday night, losing 3-0 in the crosstown GNAC matchup.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emerson's Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) paced all players on the court with 14 kills.
- Lucas Raagas (Cambridge, Mass.) assisted on 16 of the 27 Emerson kills. Josh Elliot (Swedesboro, N.J.) had eight assists.
- Seamus McDonough paced all players with 28 assists for the Saints while Justyn Schueler led the Saints with nine kills.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson and Emmanuel traded points until the Saints took a two point lead at 6-4.
- Emerson got one point back on a Win Kittivatcharapong (Bangkok, Thailand) kill, but fell behind 10-5.
- Emerson was unable to overcome the deficit, with Emmanuel closing out the set on a 15-9 run to win 25-14.
- The second set was much closer, with Emmanuel taking an early 6-5 lead. Emmanuel extended to 10-7, before the Lions knotted the game at 10 a piece.
- Emmanuel went on a 10-4 run from here, taking a 20-14 lead, and eventually closing out the set at 25-18.
- The third set saw Emmanuel open up a 7-0 lead early.
- The saints led by at least four the rest of the set, closing out the Lions with a final set score of 25-15.
- Emerson is back in action next Tuesday, March 19th with a match at MIT starting at 7:00pm.