Men's Lacrosse vs. University of New England
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Boston, Mass. | Rotch Field
Men's Lacrosse vs. Dean
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Boston, Mass. | Rotch Field
Scoreboard: Nichols 10, Emerson 5 | March 12
Johnson & Wales (RI) 7, Emerson 5 | March 14
St. Joseph's (Me.) 11, Emerson 8 | March 23
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson men's lacrosse team stays put on its home turf this coming week with two out of conference tilts starting on Wednesday night when hosting University of New England at 6:00 p.m.. Then on Saturday, the Lions welcome Dean for a 1:00 p.m. meeting at Rotch.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson opened up its 2019 home schedule against Nichols last Tuesday, but shouldered a 10-5 setback despite a three-goal third quarter.
- The Lions headed out on the road for its next two tilts starting in Providence at Johnson & Wales (RI) where the Yellow & Purple were edged out, 7-5, and wrapped the week up at St. Joseph's (Me.) with an 11-8 loss that saw senior Jared Brush (Detroit, Mich.) tally four goals.
LIONS ON THE FIELD
- Junior Austin Franklin (New Bedford, Mass.) has dished out nine assists to put him in tied for second in the NEWMAC.
- Taking the fourth spot with 46 shots is freshman Skyler Celotto (Westport, Conn.), who also has scooped up a fifth-best 33 ground balls.
- Junior Austin DiPietro (Clermont, Fla.) continues to be a force within the X winning 70-of-100 in the face-off circle (t-3rd) while picking up a NEWMAC third best 43 ground balls.
- Senior Marshall Tate (Taunton, Mass.) has caused eight turnovers, putting him in the seventh slot in the conference.
- Manning the net for Emerson is freshman Malcolm McGrath (Ridgefield, Conn.), who has recorded 52 saves (6th) for a 54.7% save percentage (6th), while registering a 10.55 goals against average (5th).
SCOUTING THE NOR'EASTERS
- The University of New England (3-3) have come out on top in its last two games with its most recent win coming over Bryn Athyn (Pa.) over the weekend.
- UNE travels to Emerson on Wednesday night after the Lions shouldered a setback in the teams' last meeting up in Maine last season on April 11, 2018.
- Garett Bozek and Alex Zadworny pace UNE with 27 points apiece as Bozek notched his 27 on 17 goals and 10 assists and Zadworny got his on 14 goals and four assists.
- Adam Race anchors the defensive side for the Nor'Easters with 34 ground balls and a team-high 14 caused turnovers, while Jared Duffy and Spencer Hokanson man the face-off X with 38 and 37 wins, respectively.
- In net for UNE is Sam MacKenzie, who holds a 3-3 record through 360+ minutes and has recorded 96 saves (54.5% save percentage) alongside surrendering 80 goals for a 13.33 goals against average.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Dean enters its second season holding a 3-1 record through its opening four games and shouldered its first loss of 2019 to Mass.-Dartmouth, 10-6, on March 11.
- Before heading to Boston on Saturday, Dean will take on Rivier on Wednesday night.
- The Bulldogs have found the back of the net 53 times alongside 31 assists and put up 13.25 goals a game on 41.0 shots for a 32.3% shot percentage.
- Emerson and Dean last met on March 23, 2018 down at Rotch where the Lions handed the Bulldogs an 11-9 setback.
- Two members on the Bulldogs roster boast 10+ points and are powered by Anthony Trasacco with 17 points on 15 goals and seven assists and Louis Piccolo joining with 17 points on 12 goals and five helpers.
- Brody Fredericks co-leads Dean in the assists column with Trasacco at seven.
- Alex Govani has manned the Bulldogs net for 195+ minutes for a 3-1 record within four starts and has allowed 18 goals (5.54 goals against average) to match 58 stops (76.8% save percentage).
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS